The End of IVF

I had a severe reaction about two months ago to my IVF injections. It caused massive swelling in my body and I am still on diuretics to solve the issue.

The bottom line is I won’t be able to continue to try IVF.  The doctors don’t feel it is safe for me. I haven’t wanted to share this because I feel like I’ve had a fair amount of downer posts and that’s not what I’m about. But the reality is that sometimes life is a downer. My husband and I are trying to deal with our extreme disappointment. Once I’m healthy we will decide if we have the emotional stamina to go through the adoption process. But we aren’t ready to make that call yet, or really even talk about it.

My life is a real struggle at the moment, but I’m trying to hold on to the truth that this pain will dissipate and I will heal and move forward. It’s not an easy task but I have learned that this is how life works. It gets better. It gets worse sometimes, but then it gets better.

As I said in my post a few weeks ago, I’ll scream, I’ll cry, but I won’t give up.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to having some more positive things to share next week. I also have an author interview coming up and those are always wonderful fun! Thanks for sticking with me!

1. Martha Wingate said:

Amy, I’m so sorry for your pain. Love you!

Users who have LIKED this comment:

July 25, 2017
  2. Lainey said:

Amy, so sorry to read this. I get that you don’t want to share too many sad posts but know that you are Brave and you help others to know they are not alone.
    I wish you a speedy recovery – physically and emotionally. You will thrive again, you’re one of the bravest and inspirational people I know. Hugs to you and your hubby xx

Users who have LIKED this comment:

July 24, 2017
  3. Kathie Fong Yoneda said:

Dearest Amy: Like you, Mother Nature decided not to let me have kids. This was back in the days when IVF was in the testing stages. We thought about adopting but wanted to have a child that was at least partially Asian so we could share our heritage & culture, but it would have been quite expensive & we realized it was beyond our financial means. We were thinking about becoming foster parents, but something unexpected happened — I found that my love of reading & writing would lead me to become a story analyst at the studios…eventually , through the years, leading me to become an executive working with writers to encourage & assist them to bring their work to a fuller potential. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this kind of work was possible…but here I am many years later & I realize that instead of children, I was given writers instead! My writing community of clients & colleagues has become my family & I feel very blessed that you are part of my family!!! xoxo k

Users who have LIKED this comment:

July 24, 2017
  4. Lyndsey said:

Oh Amy, my heart goes out to you. I’m so sorry this has happened, please take as long as you need to feel better and make any decisions going forward. Our IVF has been delayed by funding issues (my husband is military and we can get 3 rounds by going through them, rather than one on the NHS, so we’re having to have appointments and do paperwork again, but fingers crossed it will all pan out).
    I’m thinking of you lovely x

Users who have LIKED this comment:

July 24, 2017
  5. Risa Rispoli said:

Hugs.

Users who have LIKED this comment:

July 24, 2017
  6. Lisa Reinemann said:

I’m so sorry, Amy. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. I also feel there isn’t much to say. Things do fluctuate and you have no idea what might lay ahead of you. Please know that I hold you and your husband in my heart. You, Amy, are very special to me and I hope for good things for you.
    Please take care of yourself and let others take care of you, too. Love you, Amy.
    Keep writing. The honest way you convey your life struggles,I know, is motivating and inspirational to many, including myself. You’re so honest about the pain and sadness and then always looking for the positive. That isn’t easy!!!
    Again, very well said.