NaNo Sound Off!

Well, I am off to a slow start this NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer’s Month). Last year I was doing 3-4k words a day! This year I’ve written 500…total.  *Hangs head in shame* But the month isn’t over! It’s just getting started! So I will simply have to work hard to catch up! I have a really open week coming up and am looking forward to taking advantage of that! Last week was filled with visits to the Vet and therapy appointments and a million other things.

How about you? Are you doing NaNo this year? How is it going so far? If you’re not participating which writers are you cheering on?  Or are you hiding in the shadows until the NaNo-Madness is over? 😀

I would love to have your encouragement and to reciprocate it! So here is my info to add me as a buddy.

This year I am doing something different. I’m planning on venturing outside my home for the meetups in my area. I need more interaction with people right now and I think it will encourage me to get a move on as well as hopefully make some new friends. Thinking about going to the write-ins in your area but don’t know how? Just go to your dashboard page and click on REGIONS at the top. I didn’t go to any last year because I’m an extrovert with social anxiety, lol. Once I’m in the room I’m OK it’s getting out of the house that is the problem!

I would love to hear about your project in the comments section! What genre? How far are you? Are you keeping up or behind (like me)? It’s so motivating to have everyone pushing for 50k words together in one month! If I’m not following you on twitter and you want to exchange NaNo inspiration (or perspiration as the case may be) @ me on twitter or leave your twitter handle in the comments below and I will find you!

Best of luck to everyone!! See you in the comments section!

<——If you enjoyed that please give me a like!

1. Lainey said:

Good luck Amy and to all those doing this challenge! x

November 7, 2017
  2. ScotK said:

I decided to forego the loose formality of NaNoWriMo this year. With a myriad of life changes currently, I know my moments to write are extremely random and often fleeting.

November 6, 2017
    • Amy Laurel said:

I hope things are getting settled down for you! You’ve been on my mind. I totally get where you’re coming from with not doing Nano this year. Good luck with all your writing all the same!

November 6, 2017
      • ScotK said:

I have penned a few pages here and there.

November 6, 2017
  3. Kathie Fong Yoneda said:

Aloha to all you writers & especially those who follow Amy!

NaNoWriMo is a terrific way to get motivated with your novel (or your script) — knowing that you are not alone is a HUGE inspiration to get moving with your storytelling & also to get to know other writers who share the same written dream! Good luck to all of you!

xoxo kathie

November 6, 2017
    • Amy Laurel said:

Thanks Kathie! It really has me mapping out my time frame for this current revision of James and Max even though I haven’t had a chance to do much yet. I’m about to head in and do some writing right now and I’m really excited about catching up! Thanks for always cheering me on! XOXO

November 6, 2017
  4. A big shout of support from one NaNoWriMo writer to another – good inspiration and writing, Amy.
    I’m working on Book 3 of my North Wales police procedural for NaNoWriMo, and I just hit 11,499 for my first five days – so ahead of schedule. I’m a plotter although I went with a sparser outline this time – this is my sixth year. I was working on the fourth draft of Book 1 in October so knew my main characters.
    I’m in a wheelchair so unlikely to get to the local write-ins organised here in Boise, Idaho. However, I keep in touch online with others doing NaNo, including fellow writers in Kent, UK, where I lived for many years.

November 6, 2017
    • Amy Laurel said:

Holy cow you are way ahead of the game! That’s fantastic! Sorry you’re in a wheelchair and won’t be able to go to the write-ins. But I love that you have such a positive attitude and are keeping in touch with everybody be sure and give me a shout out on Twitter if we aren’t already following each other. I’m on my phone so I can’t tell LOL. Keep up the great writing and good luck!

November 6, 2017
  5. Del said:

Hi Amy
    Just buddied you and sent an email.
    I’m on track with NaNo, but I learned last year that it’s not always easy to do the 1670 words a day, so this year I have a different strategy. I cleared the first of November and wrote more than I needed, so I had a pot of stuff, but only uploaded 1700. I’m writing every day at the moment and if I write 1700 words, I’m uploading the next 1700 from the pot because I know there will be days when I won’t be able to type the word requirement and I am obsessed with collecting the badges. I’m attempting a literary masterpiece, but one chapter into the novel and it’s already generated into chick lit!
    Good luck with your meet-ups:-)

November 6, 2017
    • Amy Laurel said:

Hi Del, I saw that you added me as a buddy thank you so much! Your strategy this year is the strategy I used last year! That works really well except that I had to be in the hospital for a week and then that turned into two weeks so it totally threw off my groove. But it sounds like you’re off to an awesome start thanks for reading and I look forward to see how your progress continues! Thanks for the encouragement!

November 6, 2017